The RENTER bears full financial liability and undertakes, whatever his fault, to pay to the LESSOR, upon giving the car back, full compensation, based on the value of the car, needed to restore the car to its original condition, including the costs of return, repair, missed rent for the time necessary for restoring the car, in the cases of:
- Damages, losses or thefts of the car or parts thereof and of its equipment described in the protocol of delivery and acceptance, as well as in case of fire or car window breaking, in the absence of a Road Traffic Accident Protocol of Findings issued by the Police / Traffic Police.
- Damages, losses or thefts of the car or parts thereof and of its equipment described in the protocol of delivery and acceptance, as well as in case of fire or car window breaking, in the absence of a Road Traffic Accident Protocol of Findings issued by the Police / Traffic Police, establishing RENTER’s fault.
- Damages, losses or thefts of the car or parts thereof and of its equipment described in the protocol of delivery and acceptance, as well as in case of fire or car window breaking, intentionally caused by the RENTER.
- Damages and losses caused as a result of the car being driven under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating substances.
- Damages and losses caused as a result of giving the car to a third person not authorized under the contract or not having a valid driver’s license for the rented car.
- Damages to the tires, rims, the chassis or the undercarriage, which are not caused by fire or a traffic accident established with a protocol issued by the Police / Traffic Police.
- RENTER’s failure to return the registration certificate, key and remote control of the car, the Third Party Liability policy (together or individually) in case of the car being stolen by a third person.
- Damages caused by using the car to tow another vehicle or trailers or to participate in competitions, trainings, exercises or tests: to transport big, bulk or other goods.
- Loss, perishing or theft of a registration certificate, key, remote control, technical inspection sign or the car registration plate – the RENTER shall pay double the amount of the costs for their recovery.
Obligations of the RENTER:
- Not leave the key and the registration certificate of the car.
- Use the car for its intended purpose and manage it with the care of a good husband.
- In case of a road traffic accident, theft, damage, accident or any incident concerning the rented car, comply with the requirements of the Road Traffic Act and its Implementing Regulations for protocols and other documents issued by the Police (Traffic Police).
- Upon the occurrence of the damage / accident, the RENTER shall immediately notify the LESSOR thereof giving account of all facts, circumstances and data /names of witnesses, etc./ in connection thereto and render full assistance to the Police (Traffic Police) for the issuance of the Road Traffic Accident Protocol which must deliver to the LESSOR and to the insurance company for clarifying the accident and the damages caused.
- In case of accident, damage or failure, take all necessary steps to recover, limit and/or decrease the damages to the rented vehicle.
RENTER’s failure to return the rented vehicle for more than 24 hours after the return time specified in the contractshall be regarded as embezzlement and the LESSOR shall notify the competent authorities, reserving all rights under this contract. The RENTER warrants and represents that he is aware of the following circumstances – the rented car is not his property; by this contract, the car is given to him to have, safeguard and drive it; the RENTER does not have the right to treat the car as his own and if so doing, he shall be liable for embezzlement under Article 206 of the Penal Code.
If the RENTER wants to extend the validity of the contract, he shall notify the LESSOR thereof not later than 48 hours before the expiry of the contract and conclude a new written contract.
The RENTER may request extension of the validity of the contract before the expiry of the latter, including by phone. If the LESSOR agrees, the contract shall be considered extended by 24 hours. The contract thus extended may not be extended again.
The LESSOR reserves the right to recover the possession of the car without notice, at any time and for the account of the RENTER if the car is used by the latter in violation of this contract.